Every American is entitled to:
- The Right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops
or farms or mines of the nation;
- The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and
- The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return
which will give him and his family a decent living;
- The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere
of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home
- The right of every family to a decent home;
- The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve
and enjoy good health;
- The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age,
sickness, accident, and unemployment;
- The right to a good education.
In President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's State of the Union address to
the Congress on January 11, 1944.